Thursday, June 19, 2014

London's Big Day

Hey Folks!  We are alive and thriving here at our household.  Yes, it may have taken me two weeks to upload pictures and sit down to write be we are all doing well.  My girl is beautiful and has just been a dream so far.  She even sleeps great!!
I'm writing down London's birth story mainly for my own record :) 
At my 36 week check up my cervix was already dilated to a 3 and I was 50% effaced so I was convinced that I wasn't going to make it all the way to my due date.  Just as expected, I was wrong.   I allowed my doctor to schedule me for an induction on June 4th, the day before my due date, mainly because I never dreamed Id make it that far along.  I really didn't want to be induced because I went into labor so easily with Finn that I figured my body knows what to do and would do it when it was time with London.  Needless to say I went to bed on June 3rd with my alarm set to get up and go in for my induction.  I woke up at 2:30 am in labor and couldn't go back to sleep.  Praise God for giving me the sign that the time was right.  The hospital actually called around 5:30 am asking to move my induction back a few hours but I told them I was coming in anyways since I was in labor. 
When I arrived and got all checked in I was only about 3.5 cm dilated.  I labored naturally for about 2 hours before they gave me some pitocin to speed the process up.  My nurse suggested that I wait a while on the epidural so I would progress faster.  I waited as long as I could (and it was almost too long).  I was a good 7 before the epidural and as soon as I got it put in my nurse said it was almost time to push.  My water broke on its own and then it was go time.  I pushed for about 45 minutes and my beautiful baby girl was born at 2:40 pm, weighing 7.4 oz and 20 inches long.  I've been so blessed with really great labors and deliveries with both my kids- God is good.
We spent two days at the hospital and then went home on a Friday.  That night London was so sleepy I couldn't wake her up to eat.  It really scared me so first thing the next morning I called my pediatrician and they sent me to Children's hospital in Plano.  In the ER they decided she was dehydrated, which was strange because she had been nursing so good up until that point.  The ER nurses couldn't get an IV in her little body.  They tried both hands and feet.  We decided to supplement with a little formula to get some fluids in her.  We took her home for a few hours waiting to see if she had a wet diaper and perked up a little.  She ended up throwing up all the formula and didn't have a diaper so we had to go back and spend the night.  She was jaundiced and dehydrated.  They had to put her under the lights for 12 hours and they finally got and IV with fluids in her.  Also at this time I was pumping and feeding her every hour basically.  It was a physically and emotionally exhausting night but everything turned out great and London was a champ.  We went home again on Sunday and she has been awesome ever since. 
London is now two weeks old and I've just had to thank God every day for my little miracle baby.  Not only is she literally a miracle that she is even here but I feel like God has answered every little prayer along the way.  He has blessed me with a healthy, beautiful, girl, who is calm and sweet and has been sleeping great.  God knows exactly what I need :)
Enjoy some pics from my special day:
In Labor.  Still smiling

Right after being born, getting all cleaned up

Now shes all dressed (and still a cone-head)

Finn's first visit with little sister

First family picture

Daddy got to be the first to hold her

Finn got to hold her too.  London brought him some new golf clubs so he was super excited.


All ready to go home.

My sweetie at home.  I'm shocked by all this brown hair by the way.  So far she has blue eyes :)

And had to add a picture of my biggest baby- can't leave him out.

Me and my Love, while I'm in labor.

No comments: