Sunday, June 1, 2014

Londons room and Momma update

Decorating for a girl has been so much fun!  I'm not quite finished yet because I'll add some pictures of London and our family, my mom is finishing up some curtain ties to pull back the curtains, and I want a few things for her shelves but that will have to wait. But here are a few pics of London's room (thanks to pintrest for giving me some fun ideas):
The number one thing I knew I wanted was gold dots on the wall.  I had seen this on pintrest and fell in love.

I saw this fabric about two years ago and always knew if I had a girl I'd have to use it somehow.  I found a company called polkatotdesigns.com who makes the cutest custom baby bedding ever and they actually carried this fabric.

I don't think I would have chosen a tan chair but it was super on sale at a store that was closing here in my area.  PS- I had already gotten rid of my last rocking chair because we weren't supposed to have more kids (haha)

Of course had to throw in the black and white chevron rug.  I love black and white together!

Just a little brighter picture.  I'm also excited because I have a super cute quilt that was mine when I was little that I'm planning on using for her big girl room here in a few years.  It will go well with all these colors.  



Just a little update on the London baby bump:
I've actually been feeling really well compared to how I remember feeling at the end last time.  Of course I had Finn in August and it had been over 100 degrees for two months.  I think the cooler weather has made a huge difference- I haven't even had to take off my wedding rings this time.  I'm also hoping that since I feel better I will recover faster.  I also have gained a little less this time which is a good thing since I gained...well...lets just say enough for two pregnancies last time. 
At 36 weeks my doctor checked my cervix and I was already 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced.  Today, I am 39 weeks and 2 days and I honestly can't believe I haven't gone into labor yet.  I had such a great experience with my water breaking and having Finn that all I can do is pray that this time goes as well.  We are scheduled for an induction on Wednesday if she doesn't come.  So everyone stop and pray she comes before then because I really don't want to be induced although probably not bad enough to wait it out :)  I'm so ready for her to get out of my body!!
Of course I've been dreaming about holding my little bundle and dressing her up in bows and dresses.  My sweet boy is super excited to be a big brother and I can't wait to see the Hubby just melt over his baby girl.  I've also been in constant prayer that she is easier than Finn was.  I'm at the point in my motherhood where I feel like I could handle anything London could throw at me but I really want an easy baby (really really really want one!). 
So farewell for now...I'll be back soon with labor stories and precious baby pics.  Maybe even curly red headed baby pics, or blond, who knows!!!

1 comment:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Come on London!!!!! Can't wait to hold her in two weeks:)!