Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Birthday Boys and lots of Finn updates

Happy Birthday to the boys in my life!!  I still can't believe they share a birthday.  Last night we had a family party at Gattiland for Finn and he had a blast!  Right now, getting to play games with his daddy is one of his favorite things to do.  He is so big and acting and talking like a big boy, it unbelievable. 


He loved is candle :)

Birthday Song

Yummy Cupcakes

All the cousins (minus two who had already escaped to the game area)

The Birthday boys

My little family
Tonight, we are headed out to celebrate Cade and I'll share a few pics later from that.  Since I'm on the topic of Finn I think I'll go ahead and give a few updates.  We are potty training right now.  Finn started off doing totally awesome.  He only had a few accidents and was very proud of himself.  Then after about two weeks of that we embarked on our first family vacation to Bermuda (update on that coming soon) and all our potty training went out the window.  We have been home for about 4 days now and he has a ridiculous amount of accidents.  I hear that is normal but I am so over the messes!  Hopefully we will get back to normal soon.  Also, about a month or so ago we got Finn a big boy bed.  He has done awesome.  We told him not to get out of it and he never has and we haven't had any issues.  Well actually, one night at 3 am I heard a big thump and he had fallen out of bed but I went up there and helped him back in bed and he went right back to sleep.  He loves it!
  
First night in his new big boy bed
Also this week we went to the Ross Perot Museum in downtown Dallas with the Thompson cousins.  Finn had so much fun in the kids area and really loved seeing the dinosaurs.  Here is our visit in pictures...
Finn loves to hold hands with the cousins

Shopping for fresh fruits and veggies in the kid area

Water table fun

The camping area was his favorite!

coloring

sweet Cousins

He loved the dinosaur exhibit

Frog statues on the way to the car.
And last but not least, we took a short trip to Clyde to visit my Grandma and D-daddy.  I have such great memories from my childhood out at their house and it made my heart happy to see my child have as much fun as I used to.  Every little boy needs time in the country:
Finn and my D-daddy

The chickens

the little cows

the dog

Add caption

we took his "bike" to ride and he loved it

Finn, D-daddy, and Grandma

throwing rocks, one of our favorite past times

No comments: