Thursday, March 6, 2014

Updates: 27 weeks preggo and my growing boy

I can't even tell you how disappointed I am in myself for not keeping up with my blog lately, especially since I'm pregnant.  I really enjoy going back and reading how things were the first time I was pregnant and I'll regret not having that this time.  So I'm going to try to do better!  For today, I have lots of random thoughts and things I want to get written down.
First lets talk about "the bump".  We found out after Christmas that it is for sure a girl.  I'm freaking out because I'm so excited about this!  I think one of each will be just perfect for my little family.  I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant and feeling very fat.  My back pain has returned with a vengeance this time and I can't wait to get this pressure off my spine.  The other day I had to take Finn with me to the Chiropractor and he came and put his hands on my face and said "Mommy are you OK? (and I said yes and reminded him why we were there) and he said OK, I'll be right here if you need me"  It was sweet and protective that I just wanted to cry.  He will be such a great big brother!  Speaking of being a brother, Finn is so excited.  He talks about his little sister already and seems to totally understand whats going on.  He has mentioned my size a few times- ha-ha!  After Christmas Cade took me to NYC for a shopping trip vacation and I felt little girl move for the first time on the plane on the way there (she must have been excited about shopping).  This pregnancy has been totally different than last time.  I've been sicker, more uncomfortable, have more tummy issues, and of course the same back pain.  We also found out that I have an anterior placenta this time and last time is was posterior.  I feel like my tummy is shaped different this time too.  And lastly, we are really struggling to decide on a name.  I'm really hoping I can figure that out soon.  I'm ready to call her by name!
 Here is my most recent belly pic:
  
26 weeks
Now lets talk about Mr Finn.  He has gotten so big.  I mean he has grown from a toddler into a little boy overnight.  He is saying the funniest things and has a huge imagination and loves to pretend and make up stories and tell spooky stories.  He loves to use big words too, like "hilarious", "communication", and "transportation" and basically any big word he hears.  He also loves to say "Mom, I'm gonna make you a deal" and then he will proceed to tell me what he wants to do or will do to get what he wants.  He has gotten really coordinated and I think he will be a fast runner and good a soccer.  He also has become a little expert at his scooter that we got him for Christmas.  He still loves to eat and will eat almost anything.  I've been a bad mom and probably let him "snack" too much but I feel bad for him because he acts like he is starving all the time.  He is obsessed with his daddy right now and loves to play video games with him or go golfing with him.  He still loves his Pops and Nana of course and loves to fish with Pops (even if its in the house).  Finn does great in school and is learning so much!  He is getting really good at writing his letters and name and now loves to color at home.  Here are several pics of Finn recently:
On Pops boat at the lake

Showing Daddy around at his Preschool Open House

A picture his teacher sent me of him working hard at school

My little golfer

He loves to fly his Kite now

His little best friends on Valentines day

tearing it up on his scooter, he is so fast!

"Camping" at Cabelas

Showing off his super hero cape that Nana gave him

And just because I can't leave the post without mentioning my sweet hubby, here is a pic of us on our trip to NYC:


1 comment:

Lori said...

Sweet post! Matthew tells me at least a couple of times a week, "Mommy- your tummy is SO big." Gotta love em ;-)